Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is designed for the students who are seriously keen to grab international MBA or MiM from the most reputed institutes across the borders. It also opens up the pace for MBA/PGDM, one year MBA, and two year MBA programs in leading institutes. Based on the core subjects, the entire GMAT Exam is carved, which helps in identifying the skills of the applicants in a better way.
It might be making you wonder, is GMAT Exam really important, and if yes, then what can be the possible opportunities? Qualifying the GMAT examination with good scores will aid the applicant with a secured future and consistent academic background. Plus, academic exposure will no more be limited to the nation; instead, it will let the applicant fly across the globe. So, without wasting any time, let us dive further.
GMAT Eligibility Criteria
- The GMAT eligibility has no upper limit, but the applicant should be at least 18 years of age. In case the applicant comes under 13-17 years, then an approval letter will be required from the guardian on behalf of the applicant for writing the examination.
- The applicant needs to be proficient in English. It will help them in properly understanding the questions, which are normally complicated and confusing.
- There is no discrimination in terms of caste, color, creed, gender, nationality, etc. in the GMAT exam.
- If the applicant is specially-abled then also, there will be no restrictions put forward. The concerned applicant will be required to furnish the medical documents.
- For further information concerning the GMAT examination, it is better to go through the in-depth guidelines from the official portal of GMAT. Also, try to stay tuned on the website for regular updates, as well.
Determining GMAT Exam Dates?
The examination platform offered by GMAT is very much flexible. It means the applicants are allowed to sit for the examination as per their selected schedules, i.e., date. But there are certain considerations that need to be followed; here is the look of the same –
Applicants who are willing to re-write the examination once again with a view to enhance their earlier GMAT exam scores are allowed to do the same 16 days later. Coming over the attempts an applicant is allowed to sit for the GMAT examination eight times in total and five times in one year.
Therefore, the applicants are suggested to proceed with the registration process of GMAT before time. This way, they will be benefitted from enough time for preparation and can make big in the examination too.
The GMAT Exam Fees and Mode of Payment
GMAT exam fees for all the applicants are 250$ only. Nevertheless, the cancellation, refund, and rescheduling of the fees depends on events that include the following –
- If the exam dates of GMAT are rescheduled prior to a week i.e. 7 days of the specified date of examination then the fees will be 50$.
- If the exam dates of GMAT are rescheduled in the midst of 7 days, the applicant will be asked to pay the entire 250$ again.
- Canceling the examination later than seven days will result in a refund of only 80$.
- The cancellation of scored attained in the GMAT exam can be done by paying 25$.
GMAT fees can be made through both online and offline methods. The online modes include Credit/Debit Card, Visa/Master Card, JCB, and American Express. Subsequently, the offline mode includes Cashier Cheque, Personal Cheque, and Money Orders.
Automatic Cancellation of GMAT Fee
This instance will take place in two circumstances –
- If the debit or credit card is no being accepted at the time of making the payment of GMAT fee
- If the cheque or offline mode payment is rejected due to insufficient funds
How to Register for the GMAT Examination?
If you have your eyes on GMAT 2020 examination, then without any further delay, begin with the registration process. Here are the steps to help you out –
- First of all, reach out to the official website of GMAT, and reach to the Register page.
- Create an account by entering the compulsory information.
- Pay GMAT exam fees 250$, either online or offline.
Along with this, the GMAT examination registration can be performed in various modes
- With the help of Customer Service by paying a fee of 10$
- Via post mail – It is suitable for the applicants who are willing to pay the GMAT fee through offline modes.
How to Schedule the Exam Dates of GMAT?
Once the applicant has finished the date of registration of GMAT, then with the help of the login credential, he or she can schedule the exam dates as well.
- After reaching the login page, search for Schedule GMAT Exam and click on it
- Enter the login credential and then provide the details – personal and academic qualifications.
- Select the date and test location of the GMAT examination as per your convenience.
A Quick View of the GMAT Exam Pattern
The pattern of GMAT examination is fully computer-based with 80 questions and 4 sections.
- Analytical Writing Assessment – 1 Question – 30 minutes
- Integrated Reasoning – 12 Questions – 30 minutes
- Quantitative – 31 Question – 62 minutes
- Verbal – 36 Question – 65 minutes
The entire time duration for the examination is 3.5 hours, including breaks.
Want to Know Some Tricks and Tips to Qualify GMAT Exam?
Though GMAT allows a student to write the examination for a total of 8 times, if you are giving your 100%, then it is easy to go through it at once only. Therefore, to throw light on the concerned topic, we are about to open the hidden solutions.
- Install GMATPrepSoftware and make it your friends. It is a free tool, so you don’t have to pay for it. The software is designed, keeping in mind the GMAT exam pattern and syllabus. It will be of great help to students all across the globe. Added to this, there are various other tools that will be of great help to the GMAT appearing applicants like –
- GMAT Reasoning Tool
- GMAT Write
- GMAT Verbal and Quantitative Review
The applicants can further try basic or premium study collection, especially engrossed with GMAT rules, and exam pattern. It is all about how hard you are preparing. Furthermore, give you the best shot but using the right strategies only. The only secret to success in the GMAT exam is practice and seamlessness with time duration.
Official Website of GMAT: https://www.mba.com