UP Scholarship 2020-21 – Scholarships are imperative in the life of students who need financial assistance. Every state has some of the programs to help the students so that they can pursue their career dreams without any glitch. In the same manner, UP Scholarship has been endeavoring to create an umbrella for the students residing in the state with a view to assist them in managing the finances.
UP Scholarship 2020-2021
It is one of the most popular and trusted scholarship programs all over India that runs under the Government of Uttar Pradesh. The department associated with the amicable working of the program is the UP Social Welfare Department.
Important Dates of UP Scholarship 2020-21
Online Application Start Date – 1st July 2020 (Expected)
Online Application Last Date – September-October 2020 (Expected)
Last Date to Submit Hard Copy to Institute – September-October 2020 (Expected)
Last Date for Form Correction – December 2020 (Expected)
UP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Yes, the requirements for the UP scholarship are not the same for all. It indicates, if you are applying for a post-matric scholarship, you need to follow the instructions followed. Coming to the common elements that have a place in every scholarship program is that the candidate must be domiciled in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Here are some clarifications on this common eligibility.
- Suppose, you are a UP domiciled student but are carrying on with the education in other states, then also you are eligible for UP scholarship.
- All those students who are studying in any of the colleges, universities and schools recognized under the Uttar Pradesh state hold the eligibility for the scholarship.
UP Scholarship income criteria as per the scheme
Students who are looking forward to meeting the scholarship programs listed by the UP government needs to maintain an annual income.
Let us have a brief discussion on the scholarships individually
- For pre-matric scholarship that belongs to 9th and 10th students – in this class, students of every category say general, minorities; SC/ST/OBC must have an annual income up to 1 lakhs.
- For post-matric scholarship – 11th and 12th students – Here general, OBC and minority’s annual income needs to be up to 2 lakhs while for SC/ST it should be up to 2.5 lakhs.
- For post-matric scholarship but not related to intermediate students – all the categories need to maintain annual income up to 2 lakhs.
UP Scholarship Application Form 2020-21
The programs under UP scholarship are granted for Dashmottar, Std. 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th students. Along with this post-matric except inert, UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate, and post-matric outside state students are also welcome.
The UP scholarship application forms are the primary element about which every eligible student must be attentive of. Missing on this piece of document or not filling the form properly will create further troubles. To get the application for any UP scholarship, students should connect with the official website. All the information and the latest updates are made available here only.
Also, the website does not share information or the application form on any other website. It implies, if you are following any other link, then it will not be considered valid at all. The responsibility lies on the student to gather info and submitting the form as per the prescribed format.
UP Scholarship Registration Procedure (Step-by-step)
Fresh candidates who are willing to go for UP scholarship needs to follow a set of instructions. First of them; is filling with the registration form or application form. Might you not be awake of the route, so take a look at the mentioned steps and try to work as indicated to avoid any confusion.
- Reach to the official website of UP scholarship, or you can click on the link here – scholarship.up.nic.in.
- On the home page of the website, move your mouse cursor to the “Student” tab, and click on it.
- Now look for “New Registration” and wait for the new window to open.
- Before heading forward, you must select the category you belong to, such as General, SC/ST/OBC.
- Now, it is time to fill the application form. You will find various options that you have to fill accordingly. Make sure you are entering the correct details.
- Here comes the document upload section. As per the given format, you have to upload all the documents in scanned copies only.
- Don’t be in a hurry, have a look at the details filled in the UP scholarship form once again along with verifying the uploaded documents.
- Once you are satisfied with the review, hit on the Submit button.
- The submitted application form will appear on the open window, save and download it. Also, don’t forget to take prints of it for further use.
UP Scholarship Login
Here is a step by step instructions to login to the online portal of UP Scholarship after you successfully registered to the portal.
- First of all, Visit the official website of UP Scholarship.
- Click on the Student tab and then click on the Login button to go to the main page of the student login.
- Here, you have to select your scholarship option like fresh or renew and click on it.
- Now, you are at the student login section where you have to enter your registration number, date of birth, password, enter captcha code, and click on the submit button to login to your student profile section of UP Scholarship.
List of Required Documents for UP Scholarship
During the process of filling the scholarship application form, you will come across the list of documents. If you are not ready with the documents, then it might take longer, or you will have to re-process the entire steps again. Therefore, take a pen and paper and write down the list.
- Qualifying Examination Mark sheet
- Caste and Domicile Certificate
- Annual Income Certificate
- Identity Proof
- Fee Receipt Number
- Bank Passbook
- Passport Photos
- Aadhar Card Number
- Enrolment Number
- Fee Receipt Number
- Annual non-refundable amount
- Other Documents
Keep some time aside and make a file of all the above-mentioned documents in a pen drive or so. Maintain both hard copy and soft copy depending on the mode you are applying for.
UP Scholarship Status 2020-21
Unless the UP scholarship of the concerned candidate is accepted, the transfer of the amount will not take place. Consequently, it is necessary to keep a check on the status.
- Visit the website of the UP scholarship and click on Status Link
- Now select on Application status for the current year
- A login form will appear; enter registration number and date of birth and then click on “Search.”
- The scholarship status will appear on the screen
- Download and take a print of the status
The Helpline Numbers for UP Scholarship
At times, students might be in need of help or are going through some doubts or queries. So to assist them UP government has shared some phone numbers. Here is the list of the numbers that you must note down immediately.
Customer care numbers – (0522) – 2209270, 2288861, 2286199
Backward class welfare – 18001805131
Minority welfare – 18001805229
Not one or two, but millions of students take an interest in the UP scholarship programs. Seeing the current statistics, more than 8lahks students have submitted the application form. If you are among them, then wait for the declaration date. If you are lucky and all the details are appropriately mentioned, it would be easy for you to crack the scholarship.
UP Scholarship 2020-21 FAQs
Q1. What does UP Domicile mean?
Now, there can be confusion on the term “UP domicile.” Being the common eligibility requirement, one should not overlook the meaning. UP domicile means – The candidate must be residing in the state of Uttar Pradesh along with holding domicile granted by the concerned and competent authority.
Q2. Who are eligible to take the benefits of the UP Scholarship?
The students belonging from SC/ST/OBC and General Categories are allowed to make the benefits of the programs listed under the scholarship.
Q3. What is the mode of applying for the UP Scholarship?
Both online and offline (physical) mode is open for the students. As per the convenience, one can take further steps.
Q4. How will the students receive the UP scholarship amount?
The students who have successfully passed the process of UP scholarship will get their amount directly in the bank account. The time table and latest update will be given to the students from time to time.
Q5. What is the fee for the UP Scholarship Application Form?
You will be happy to know that none of the UP scholarships are chargeable. Yes, it is free of cost with no application or registration fees. Even there are no kinds of miscellaneous charges.
Q6. Can a student apply for the renewal of UP Scholarship programs?
Yes, all the eligible students are eligible for the renewal, and it can be processed through the online portal itself. If the students are comfortable with offline mode, then, the process is also open.
Q7. Can the UP Scholarship renewal be done through the existing registration number?
No, if you are opting for renewal of the scholarship programs, then old or existing registration number will be of no use. You need to create a new registration number instead. To make the login, the old registration number will be considered valid.
Q8. What are the Blacklisted Colleges from UP Scholarship programs?
There are some colleges which are considered blacklisted as per the UP scholarship programs –
- Chaudhary Babulal Institute Of Technology and Management
- Hathras Excellence College of Professional Studies
- Meerut and Shri Krishna College of Engineering And Technology
The students pursuing education from any of the above colleges are strictly not eligible for the scholarship listed by the UP government.
Q9. In what conditions the UP Scholarship Applications will be considered rejected?
Even after following all the requisites as stated under the selected UP scholarships, your application is not being accepted; then the reason might be any of the below. Try to fix the failing points and apply them again.
- When the documents are not as per the requirements stated
- The information is inappropriate or missing
- Students who fail to meet the eligibility standards
- Applications falling under the suspicious category
Q10. How to check the status of the UP scholarship form, acceptance, and other details?
It is very simple; the students should be regular on the online portal to gather the latest updates.
Q11. Why should the application form be kept safe?
UP scholarship application form contains vital information such as registration number and so on. It will be required during the subsequent procedure. Therefore, it is guided to hold multiple copies of the submitted form.
Q12. What is the Important Date of UP Scholarship money distribution?
If you will apply for UP scholarship then the money distribution will take place in the month of January 2021. The date is the same for all – Dashmottar, post-matric and pre-matric students. All the processes like registration, renewal, correction of the form will be started on its schedule decided by the government.
Q13. How to make corrections in the UP Scholarship Application Form?
To make necessary edits, students must visit the official website and login with the registration number password. Now, select on edit and make the changes as required. After submitting the application form, the edits will be made.
Q14. Are students from notified minority communities permitted for UP Scholarship?
Yes, students of notified minority’s communities such as Christian, Muslim, Parsi, Jain, Sikh, and Buddhist who are pursuing their education in India and are falling under the eligibility guidelines are permitted to gain the benefits of UP scholarship.
Q15. What to do if a student’s UP Scholarship form has been rejected or not received?
In such a scenario, the student should take the print out of the application form to the office of the District Social Welfare Department and update them about irregularity.